Finally I found my dream granola! The one with nuts-seeds and dried fruits, without any oats or other grains, crunchy and delicious with cacao-orange flavors!
The original recipe is from Brooke Brennan and I added some other ingredients. You can also mix and match the ingredients at home!
1 Cup Nuts (I used 1/3 Cup each of: almonds, pinenuts, peacan, pistachio and walnuts) Rough Chopped
1/2 Cup Seeds (Pumpkin, Sunflowers)
1/4 Cup Chopped Medjool Dates and/or dried apricots
1/4 Cup Goji Berries and/or mulberries
2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
2 Tablespoons Hemp Heart Seeds or flaxseeds
3 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
1 tablespoon Orange Zest
2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 tablespoons raw caco
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
A small pinch of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celcius.
- Prepare the oven tray with a baking sheet.
- In a small pot, mix coconut oil, orange juice, cinnamon and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture over dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Place this mixture over the oven tray making a single layer.
Bake for 20 minutes (or until toasty), mixing the granola on the baking tray every 5 minutes for even baking and no burning.
Once baked, keep it for cooling down in the baking tray for about 10-15 minutes.
Keep in an airtight container and better keeping in refregirator and enjoy a longer time!
I love adding a spoon of it to my coconut yogurt as an afternoon snack as much as my practical breakfast. I must say that I need an extra protein with this if I know I can not eat until late midday so I boil and egg, too.