Almond Feta Cheese
This is not a bread but Almond Cheese, Baked Feta ladies and gentelmen, a recipe from Jules Aron !! Even if you are not a vegan or dairy intolerant, I think these are very delicious snacks-treats for you and your guests.
- 2 cups Soaked almonds (raw and blanched -no skins) rinsed and drained
- 2 Garlic cloves (I used powdered garlic but even that was too much for morning cheese occasions so you can exclude it)
- 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil plus some more for the pan
- 1.5 tsp Sea salt (I also mixed some herbal salt)
Soak the almonds overnight in a bowl with enough water to cover and maybe a little more. Drain and wash them throughly next morning (or about 8 hours later)
Pour them into a blender and add the other ingredients. Blend well until creamy and smooth texture
Pour the mixture into a drainer where you covered with cheese cloth and squeeze gently the excess water
Then place this into a big bowl and keep in the fridge another 12 hours as it drains slowly and become firm and set
Once most of water is gone, take it out and place in a oiled tray and bake in the oven in a tray over a baking paper, about 40 minutes at 180 degree celsius. Bake until it is golden and firm to touch
I used macademia nuts next time and not added the garlic, decorated with sesame seeds and loved it even more!