When you need a bread without grains, gluten and dairy free, I have one delicious solution! This bread made with nuts, seeds and eggs, is a great treat when you try to eliminate grains. It is also a very high protein snack and goes great with any kind dips or nut butters.
I discovered this bread when I was detoxing and it really satisfied my need for a bread when I was eliminating grains.
This recipe is from a book called “33 Day Elimination Diet”, written by Asli Osma Kender. She is a Chef and a Health Coach from my school and educated in Functional Medicine and Nutrition. I really enjoyed her book and recipes, and I hope one day she writes in English, too!
You can make with any nuts and seeds available at home and here is my version.
- 5 big eggs
- 1 teaspoons of sea salt
- 3 table spoon of olive oil
- 1 Cup of each nuts and seeds, grinded as small as possible:
- Raw almonds
- Raw hazelnuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Flax or chia Seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- In a food processor, blender, or coffee bean/nut/seed grinder take all the nuts and seeds and grind them until a fine powder is created. Pour into a large mixing bowl, add salt, mix all well and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then add olive oil.
- Add the eggs & oil to nuts/seeds and mix well. Use you hands to knead the dough and get a texture that holds on. If not, add some water to make it moister.
- Pour the mixture into a small rectangular cake or bread pan, press with your fingers to place the dough firmly.
- If you have time, cover the dough and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours and up to 24 hours. If you don’t have time, it is still good! Just continue 🙂
- You can decorate the top with sesame seeds or black cumins or any herb you like e.g. oregano.
- Bake for 60 minutes
- Let cool at room temperature before slicing.
- Store the bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- Toast the bread before you eat!
- You can also freeze this loaf in individual slices.