The Crown Chakra is also known as Sahasrara Chakra in Sanskrit which means “thousand-petalled lotus”. This chakra is believed to be located at the crown of the head. It corresponds to our pineal gland that secretes melatonin and helps control our sleep-wake cycles. Crown chakra is the seventh chakra, and it is all about imagination, self-knowledge, spirituality and divinity—how you connect with others. When this chakra is in balance, you’ll have a sense of peace and feel connected to nature.
The color of the crown chakra is violet or white. The energy of this chakra is very high and it reflects in the color of the sky and sun.
Crown Chakra Healing Benefits:
- It helps with depression
- It helps you sleep better at night
- Helps with anxiety disorders
7th Chakra: Crown Chakra
The crown chakra is associated with our sense of self, confidence, and spirituality. When it’s out of balance it can cause us to feel disconnected from ourselves or others. You may feel like you don’t belong in this world or that you have nothing worthwhile to contribute. You might not know who you are or what purpose your life serves.
There are a few ways that can restore balance: meditation, yoga / meditation classes (even just simple breathing exercises), crystals and essential oils like lavender; eating healthy foods; being open to change when necessary (even if it means letting go altogether).
Crown Chakra Helps You to Discover Yourself
Imagination is one of the most important things we have as humans. Without it, we would be unable to create anything new—we wouldn’t be able to imagine ourselves in a different place or time than where we currently exist. Imagination allows us to envision our future selves as better versions of ourselves than who we are right now; it helps us visualise what could become possible with effort and dedication (or perhaps even without).
This ability means that you can use your imagination in order to get yourself out of a rut (that may have been caused by too much negativity), or simply allow yourself some time away from reality so that you can relax and refocus on what matters most: yourself!
Ways to Work with Crown Chakra
Here are some ways you can work with your crown chakra:
- Meditation: Meditation is a great way to connect with your higher self and connect with the energy of the universe. Even for 5 minutes – is a tool that you can easily practice to help you feel calmer, more centred, more objective, in tune with your body, in touch with your feelings… You can meditate by sitting in a cross-legged position, closing your eyes, and focusing on deep breathing for five minutes every morning or evening.
- Crystals: Crystals have properties that help them align with certain chakras—the crown chakra being one of them! Meditating while holding an amethyst crystal will help release any negative energy lingering in this area and bring more clarity into life situations overall.
- Essential oils (EO): EOs such as rosemary essential oil can help promote balance throughout all seven energy centres at once. You can apply through massaging on your skin using light pressure strokes up towards heart area during inhalation.
Meditation is an excellent way to calm the mind and receive new information from your higher self. If you aren’t familiar with meditation, try this simple exercise:
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your back straight but relaxed (don’t slouch)Place one hand over the other in a cupped position at heart level on your lap or on a table in front of you so that it creates some space under it for air flow between hands
- Close your eyes for two minutes then open them for two minutes; repeat until done!
You may want to choose a mantra like Om-mani padme hum or another word that has meaning for you such as love or peace. By repeating this sound repeatedly during meditation we are opening ourselves up emotionally as well as spiritually which allows us access into deeper parts of ourselves where healing can take place on all levels including physical, mental and spiritual levels!
Visit https://beyondyogaacademy.com/meditation/ to join our Meditation Discovery Course! It is open to all levels & includes 6 different meditation techniques