Easy Rice Porridge Recipe
I am in love with rice! It might be the genes from my dad, who was always a big rice “pilav” fan or just the fact that rice is such a calming, soothing, delicious and nutritious grain.
- 1 tsp Ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp Freshly grounded flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin/sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- 3/4 cup Plant based milk (I prefer almond) and maybe more
- 1/2 cup Water
- A pinch of cinnamon and cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Lime peel
- 1 tsp Almond paste or any other nut paste
- 1 Vegan protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey, maple or date syrup
In a small pan melt the oil and add rice, coconut shreds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, pine nuts and spices.
Toast them all 1 minute and just smell this divine taste already!
Add the flax or chia seeds
You can add vegan protein powder to boost and balance the nutrition values
Add the milk and water stir well, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until rice is cooked. Add more water or milk if necessary
Serve with your nutbutter or a drizzle of honey / maple syrup
Garnish with coconut shreds and lime peel