Easy Rice Porridge Recipe
I am in love with rice! It might be the genes from my dad, who was always a big rice “pilav” fan or just the fact that rice is such a calming, soothing, delicious and nutritious grain.
- 1 tsp Ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp Freshly grounded flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin/sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- 3/4 cup Plant based milk (I prefer almond) and maybe more
- 1/2 cup Water
- A pinch of cinnamon and cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Lime peel
- 1 tsp Almond paste or any other nut paste
- 1 Vegan protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey, maple or date syrup
- In a small pan melt the oil and add rice, coconut shreds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, pine nuts and spices.
- Toast them all 1 minute and just smell this divine taste already!
- Add the flax or chia seeds
- You can add vegan protein powder to boost and balance the nutrition values
- Add the milk and water stir well, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until rice is cooked. Add more water or milk if necessary
- Serve with your nutbutter or a drizzle of honey / maple syrup
- Garnish with coconut shreds and lime peel